Friday, December 26, 2014

Free Motion Friday: Bright paper packages tied up with string

Christmas is my favorite holiday though you wouldn't know it from looking at my house this year. Usually I have a tree and all sorts of decorations but it just seemed like too much work this year. It would mean packing up and moving some of my fabric and sewing stuff and I just did not want to do that. But then I saw the blocks that Julianna of Sewing Under Rainbow was making and I caved.

There are so many adorable Christmas blocks in her Last Minute Christmas Sampler Quilt Along! But it was the girl with the pile of presents that did me in. Such a great paper pieced block. I picked my colors, grabbed my scraps and whipped this baby right up. And I love her!




Christmas was just around the corner so I got right to work quilting her. The background is a shimmery print that looks like snow so I swirled it around like a blizzard. For the presents, I just outlined the boxes and the ribbon to make them pop a little.

She now has a happy home on my wall for the rest of the season.


You should definitely have a look at the rest of Julianna's blocks. They are all amazing and all free. So nice of her! There's also a linky here for completed projects with these blocks. I'm off to link up and check out the others now. Happy New Year!

Allison

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely charming! Such a cute pattern and you made great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is so cute! I love your quilting and the fabrics you selected were just perfect especially the sparkly background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Your colors are perfect !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...