Friday, August 29, 2014

Free Motion Friday: Schnitzel and Boo Mini Quilt

Last winter I saw tons of gorgeous mini quilts popping up all over Instagram for the Schnitzel and Boo Mini Quilt Swap. It made me a little jealous, I've gotta admit. So when the chance came to sign up for the next round I jumped all over it!



My partner Kirstin had listed M-R Charbonneau as one of her favorite quilts and I really loved this one in particular of hers. So I decided to recreate it in Kirstin's jewel tones. You like?


Of course the piecing was fun, and it was my first real improv quilt, but the FMQ was a lot of fun. I did flowers in the colored squares and spirals in the background. I left the small border squares unquilted. I really love how the quilting looks on the plain purple back. And then it went off to it's new owner and lived happily ever after.



Allison

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...