Sunday, July 27, 2014


I've wanted to make myself a Washi tunic for quite some time now but haven't yet for no particular reason. I knew I was going to have to make some pattern alterations so maybe that's why I put it off. I finally made myself just do it and now I wonder what took me so long.

Once the alterations were done, it was fairly easy to make the top. I used an older Art Gallery Fabrics print that I got for a great deal awhile back on Instagram.


Sorry about the hanger pics, but I'm not quite so happy with it that I want to post pictures of myself wearing it online. I need to make some adjustments to the shirring on the next one - I either need to lower the whole set or maybe add a few more rows to the bottom of it. I also want to play around with some different sleeve options that might be more flattering on me. I have lots more fabric ready to go, here's hoping I don't take quite so long to make the next one!

Linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes July goal 


  1. Congratulations on your July ALYoF tunic! I think it turned out lovely :o)

  2. It's beautiful! I'm so impressed that you can alter patterns and sew clothes for yourself!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...