Tuesday, August 21, 2018

So many turtles!



I've been keeping an eye out for Trish and Birdie fabric for awhile now and was thrilled to finally get my hands on some! This newest line from Deane Beesley for Sweet Bee Designs is the cutest. The turtles, the flowers, the little birdies - all totally adorable and suuuper soft. I was piecing this top at a sew in with some friends and they were all raving about just how soft this fabric is.



There were two prints in particular that jumped out at me, wanting to become a quilt - the aqua turtle shadows and the navy stripe. They are both great blenders with lots of surprise turtles in the aqua when you look close. Deane was kind enough to send me a yard of each along with fat quarters of the whole line and that was enough to make this 51" square quilt. Can you believe it? I of course had to include some of the main turtles (Trish!) and I'm thrilled with how the whole quilt came together.


I'm looking forward to playing around more with the other prints and have gotten some great inspiration from the other stops on the tour. Lucky us, there are plenty more projects to come - be sure to visit these other crafty sewists to check them out:



Keep an eye out at your favorite quilt shop for these new prints from Sweet Bee Designs and be sure to ask for them if they are not on the shelf yet. You are going to love sewing them up!



Are you following Sweet Bee on instagram? I hear there may be a giveaway at the end of the tour plus, who doesn't like pictures of pretty fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...