Monday, August 18, 2014

So many swaps and bees

When I first found the modern quilting world about a year and a half ago, I was so excited to jump right in. I would see my favorite bloggers - like Alyssa - making gorgeous things and I wanted to be the recipient of those gorgeous things! This opened my eyes to a whole world of happy mail day possibilities.

I joined a few sampler bees on flickr and got right to work, making blocks for my bee-mates and looking forward to the packages I would get in return.

the blocks I made my group for my very first bee

I've had a lot of fun joining various bees and swaps since then. It's always so much fun for swaps in particular to learn about the recipient and make something just for them. As a matter of fact, I have finished up 3 swaps in the past month or two that were a lot of fun.

The Sew Sew Modern swap was the most recent. I was a little nervous when I got my assignment because my partner is kind of a big deal - Anne Sullivan of Play Crafts. She was great though, giving lots of feedback and advice all along the way. She didn't know I had her so I was pretty excited when she said she really loved what I had made so far. I ended up making her a patchwork Super Tote and improving a little flying geese pouch and she loved them both. She has much better pics of them on her blog too if you'd like to see.



After I sent this off it was time to anxiously check my mailbox every day until I got this amazing package all the way from Cara in the UK!


I love it! I really, really wanted an Aeroplane bag and this one is even better than I could have imagined. Cara did an amazing job and I've already had to fend off a few Seattle MQG members from running off with it! Cara also made me a sweet little Lotus Pond pouch and added in some great extras. I've never used a hera marker so I'm excited to try it out. Oh, and she has really adorable tags!





More on the other swaps later. Have a great week!

Allison

3 comments:

  1. Allison the tote you made for Anne is just gorgeous! Beautiful work and I love the pull - where did you get it? You scored too - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fish was part of a little set of charms from the jewelry making wall at Joanne's. I put a few jump rings on it to make it longer.

      Delete
  2. What a terrific swap! I'd saw you and your partner were both big winners in this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...