And then real life and procrastination happened. I had the patchwork ready forever, just waiting to be quilted, but I wanted time to practice the graffiti some more first. Eventually I did quilt the piece and was so disappointed when it did not turn out like I had hoped. The fabrics were just a little too busy for the quilting to really shine without me going over it another time or two. I would love to do that but I know better than to think my aim is that good to be able to trace over FMQ that I've already done!
So it was time for Plan B. I cut the quilted patchwork in half and made it into two sides of a beautiful potholder. I think it was a pretty good compromise. I'll be able to see and enjoy it every day in my kitchen and I won't be spending hours making a bag with a piece I don't love. Plus, I finished the binding by hand.
I had actually bought another challenge pack from Intrepid Thread in December so I do have more that I can try again with for the bag idea. I'll keep you posted on how that goes - I think I'll use a neutral thread next time so it's not competing so much with the fabric.
Thank you so much to Julie for hosting this challenge! You all should definitely check out all of the amazing projects on the Intrepid Thread challenge link-up.
For now, I'm off to do some more practice graffiti quilting and doodling. I got Sariditty's coloring book for Christmas so I'll be using that for some more doodle inspiration.
This was also part of my Q1 goals for Finish Along. Check!