Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Faux Clamshells are the cutest

Awhile back, I saw a really cool tutorial by Rachel of Stitched in Color that I knew I wanted to try at some point. That point has finally come and I liked it so much I did it twice!

Rachel made faux clamshells by cutting circles and layering them just so. The cutting of the circles was the most tedious part but it went pretty quickly. Then it was time to arrange and sew them down! For both sets, I created a panel to use as the outside of a Lola Pouch, my current favorite pouch pattern (though I do tend to just make it whatever size I make it).

The first was gifted to Christina Cameli when she came to teach a workshop to the Seattle MQG. I wanted hers to be in our signature aqua, white, and grey. I was even able to combine a few circle shapes to make one of the pieces out of a little logo print I had on hand.





The second was a long-overdue pouch for my friend Allison who had won a giveaway on my instagram when I reached 1000 followers. I tried to incorporate her favorite Cotton and Steel colors and prints. I'd say she definitely likes it!











I always like to finish my pouches with my tag (need to order more!) and a fun zipper pull charm. Do you have a good source for tags? What do you like to use for a charm?

I now want to make several more of these but lack the desire to cut circles. Thankfully, Kathy was kind enough to lend me her Sizzix cutter at our Meetup so I've got a nice big stack now and I can make more. Yay!

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...