Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pencils and Tapes and Zips, oh my!

A few months ago, after practicing some FMQ pencils, my friend Lysa asked if I wanted to swap pouches. She makes the most awesome things so of course I said yes.



I got to practice the pencils a little more and make a pouch at the same time - pouches are my favorite to make. My go-to is Noodlehead's Open Wide pattern. I really like being able to open the pouch all the way but really, it's the easiest way for me to make the zipper look neat on both ends.



I thought about using a few different fabrics for the lining but went with Happy Zombie's oh so adorable Sew Yummy zippers. I mean, really. Could these be any cuter?!? I was even happier with myself when I made a zipper tab out of the same fabric. I think I might use this fabric for every zipper tab ever from now on.



Lysa and I were able to meet up to trade pouches over the weekend. It's so much fun to meet online friends in real life! She lives just a few hours from me and came into Seattle with her family for a few days. She made me the most awesome cassette tape pouch. I love it! It's the perfect size for my Juki feet so I'll always have it by my machine. And those Cotton and Steel selvage labels? Love!! She also included some sweet printed zippers and C+S charms. I think we both ended up pretty happy with this swap!






Merry Christmas Eve!
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...