Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Seattle MQG Retreat

This past weekend was the Seattle MQG's Fall Retreat and it was so much fun! Three whole days at a retreat center in the wilderness with nothing to do but sew. I guess we could have hiked or swam, but sewing was all I wanted to do.

Of course with the list I posted last week you would think I had tons of projects to work on but sometimes too many options are a bad thing. I made some Diamonds in Diamonds blocks out of some Cotton and Steel fabric I got a few months ago. I started setting them but need to do a little more work to finish the sashing. I'm really liking them so far though!


I made a cute little mouse friend to go with the Forest Abstractions coyote I pieced a few months ago. They are BFFs already and are going to have a lot of fun playing with their new owner. Just need to quilt this little guy and finish it up now!





I took my first stab at some graffiti quilting a la Karlee Porter and it was pretty fun! I was testing Juki to make sure he was ready for some FMQ so I could do a little work for a friend. Unfortunately I figured out that Juki does not like glue or applique work. Dang it, no quilting over her applique quilt. At least I figured out why the quilting didn't go so well on Falling - I had glue basted many of the pieces together.



On Sunday, I walked some friends through Noodlehead's open wide pouch tutorial, one of my favorites to make. They were great students!



This also happened to be my birthday weekend and my very sweet friend Kristen made me the most adorable birthday cake pincushion!


I'm already looking forward to our next retreat!

Allison

PS - sorry about all the IG pics. I actually did have my real camera there but only managed to take pictures of what everyone else was working on!

2 comments:

  1. It was great fun! Too bad about your Juki/fmq tho...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun. Love how your free-motion turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...