Friday, October 17, 2014

Free Motion Friday: The Inbox Jaunt

Ever since discovering my love for free motion quilting, I've been on the lookout for FMQ styles I like. I've found quite a few but one of my faves is Lori Kennedy of The Inbox Jaunt. She creates the most awesome FMQ motifs and then shows her readers how to do each one with step by step photos. She even tells you what kind of fabric and thread she's used.

Lori makes it so easy to practice and learn her designs. Plus, she comes out with a new one each week! I've tried a few of them and really liked each one so far. Most recently I used her Perfect Pencil tutorial and it worked like a charm.

The Inbox Jaunt: The Perfect Pencil-A Free Motion Quilt Tutorial

My version of the pencils
A few other favorites:

The Inbox Jaunt: Double Loop Vine FMQ tutorial
I made a serger cover with Lori's Double Loop Vine motif

The Inbox Jaunt: Dragonfly FMQ tutorial

The Inbox Jaunt: Nora's Rose FMQ tutorial

These are just a few of the TONS she has on her site. Definitely check her out if you have not already!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...